How to select the right valve
By T Young, Vortex
Electricity+Control, July 2015 (pages 36 – 38)
Enquiries: Email email@example.com
Download the full article on How to select the right valve in PDF format.
It is typically assumed that the only information required when selecting a valve is:
• Size of the opening
• Shape of the opening
• Available stack-up height
• Matching connections or hole patterns
In reality, however, valve suppliers need more information to accurately select the right valve for the application. Costly mistakes can be avoided the more information about the application parameters a supplier has; like purchasing an expensive valve for a simple application, or buying an inexpensive valve that cannot handle a difficult situation. Valve suppliers should have the experience and knowledge to know what valves and valve modifications to apply for certain applications parameters. Make sure your supplier is asking the right questions.
- Costly mistakes can be avoided through accurately selecting the right valve for the application.
- Selecting the right actuator is as important.
- Make sure that your valve and actuator supplier is asking appropriate questions.