Reasons to choose ceramic infrared heaters
- The efficient heat transfer to the target reduces the processing time and energy costs.
- The air in the equipment is not heated and consequently the ambient temperature may be kept at normal levels.
- It is possible to design compact and automatic constructions with high controllability and safety.
- Heating is more uniform than in conventional ovens because surface irregularities on the target have smaller effect on the rate of heat transfer.
- Instant heat: Produces heat on turn-on. No need to wait for heat build-up.
- Negligible maintenance: No moving parts to wear out, no air filters or lubrication required.
- Clean: There are no by-products of combustion as with fossil fuels burning units.
- Safe: No open flame, no leakage, no malfunctioning moving parts.
- Efficient: All electric heaters convert energy to heat at 100%.
- Reduced operating costs: Compared to unit heaters, IR accounts for up to 50% savings on energy/fuel.
- Zone control flexibility: Could be controlled to heat different zones at different temperatures.
* (Fostoria electric infrared heaters manual).
- Infrared heating offers significant energy saving over conventional heating.
- Infrared heating is at a wavelength that penetrates the target and is converted to heat.
- Ceramic heaters offer the highest radiant efficiency at infrared wavelengths.
Energy efficient ceramic infrared heater
Simulation and modelling
By NS Izuegbu and ML Adonis, Cape Peninsula University of Technology
Electricity+Control, November 2012 (pages 42 – 47)
Stanley Ncheta Izuegbu: Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr Marco Adonis: Email email@example.com.