Discover the full potential of your building
By Dirk Visser, ABB South Africa
Download full article
Energy Efficiency Made Simple Vol III: Energy and enviroFiciency
November 2012 Chapter 3: pages 32 - 33
Enquiries: email firstname.lastname@example.org
The ‘I Bus KNX’ is a universally applicable system and a synonym for smart home and intelligent building control. In this innovative system, all devices communicate with one another via a single bus cable which is installed alongside the normal power lines. This means that all electrical functions are connected with one via the bus system, both in residential and commercial buildings (ie control, regulation and management of lighting, shutters, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, security, energy, load – and much more).
- Reduces planning, installation and wiring costs.
- Can be expanded virtually without restriction and constantly adapted during the entire service life of the installation, and is therefore a secure investment in the future.
- Enables the integration of new functions at any time.
- Realises intelligent automation, for example lighting and heating control during absence. This saves on energy costs and makes a significant contribution to environmental protection and the carbon footprint.
- Provides simple operation and monitoring thus forming the long-term basis for lower running costs, efficient facility management and optimum building maintenance.
- Offers individual comfort, thereby increasing the value of the building for tenants and buyers.
- Increases safety and security for people and building, thus protecting the investment.
- Intelligent building control systems offer cost advantages throughout the entire life-time of the building.
- Smart home and intelligent building control systems enable you to set your project apart from the rest.
- Seamlessly integrated solutions tailored to the building and requirements at hand… that’s intelligent!